Search This Blog

Followers

Monday 9 December 2019

Rebuild the city walls

My Lord

The walls of my city stand in ruins and its people are desolate 
There is no protection for the people of the city.

Go! said the king you have found favour in my sight

Rebuild your city take anything from my kingdom that you need!

So I built ships and sailed to my city 

From oak and cedar I built them.

When I got to my city its people were discouraged

So I said to them, come I have ships and everything we need let us rebuild our city and make it a sight to behold once more. 

No longer will the jackel nest in its walls and the crow find comfort there 

Let us build a city fit for children to play in the streets and let singers and dancers celebrate how we have triumped over advercity

The enemy will be routed from our land and its people live in health and vitality once more

Let lepers be cleansed and the lame walk.

Let blind eyes be opened and deaf ears be unstopped. 

Let the city prosper once more  

let visitors come from the surrounding nations and marvel at everything we have done.

Do not be dismayed for you have the favour of your king!

Do not fear! Your enemy is under your feet.

You have been given victory.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment