Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday 24 January 2024

Psalm 52 The Liar King and the Faithful Servant

 Psalm 52

Why do you boast about your crimes, great warrior?

     Don’t you realize God’s justice continues forever?

All day long you plot destruction.
    Your tongue cuts like a sharp razor;
    you’re an expert at telling lies.
You love evil more than good
    and lies more than truth. 

You love to destroy others with your words,
    you liar!
But God will strike you down once and for all.
    He will pull you from your home
    and uproot you from the land of the living.

The righteous will see it and be amazed.
    They will laugh and say,
“Look what happens to mighty warriors
    who do not trust in God.
They trust their wealth instead
    and grow more and more bold in their wickedness.”

But I am like an olive tree, thriving in the house of God.
    I will always trust in God’s unfailing love.
I will praise you forever, O God,
    for what you have done.
I will trust in your good name
    in the presence of your faithful people.

 

'Be sure the truth will find you out', says the Lord of Hosts

'I am the God who knows you 

I know your inmost thoughts

How they are wicked all day long 

Not only do you tolarate inquity you  join in 

Your heart is far from me 

You and your household shall be castdown 

Surely I will bring your kingdom to ruin 

Together with those who support you 

I will rise up enemies from within your own camp 

They will turn on you

From within your own borders I shall raise up an army who will cast you down

I am the everliving one. I died yet still live and I shall rule the nations with a rod of iron.'

May the God of Jacob, Issac and Abraham add his blessing to these words.

Amen  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment