Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday 4 June 2023

Holiness and Obedience

Exodus 19:4-6

4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. 5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you[a] will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.”

See, I have done a wonderful thing. I have brought you out of slavery, to worship me on my holy mountain. I have redeemed you and sanctified you. You are mine.

If you choose by your own free will to obey my commands. I will show you my glory and you shall be my most holy nation: You shall be a kingdom of priests and I shall esteem you and value you as my most precious people.

Obedience to God's commands is key to manifesting God's holiness It is the link between holiness and redemption. As we purposeful subjugate our will to His will, He will communicate to us His holiness.

I have the film The Ten Commandments on Youtube. The one with Charlton Heston and Yul Brynner.

My mind is taken to the moment when Moses came down the mountain after spending 40 days in God's most holy presence. The Jews had ruined themselves with drunkenness, orgies, prostitution, and even Aaron built a Golden calf for the people to worship. 

I recall that immortal line "Those who will not live by the law shall die by the law" and he threw the stone tablets hewn by God's own hand into the cliff and they exploded. and the earth shook and open its bowels to swallow the Jewish nation. Yet even here at this time, God relents from His fierce anger when those who repented flocked to Aaron's side. Aaron was filled with remorse and shame.

Will you subjugate your own desires and wants for His Most Holy purpose? 

If yes, then He shall open the door to His most joyful purposes and you will find peace and fulfillment in His will for that is the purpose he created you.

If not, then... "those who will not live by the law will die by the law".

Let the answer be yes. 

Amen 


No comments:

Post a Comment