Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday 3 June 2023

Holiness and redemption

 “Sanctify to Me [that is, set apart for My purpose] every firstborn, the first offspring of every womb among the children of Israel, both of man and of animal; it is Mine.”

Exodus 13:2 AMP

https://bible.com/bible/1588/exo.13.2.AMP


Again the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Behold, I have taken the Levites from among the sons of Israel instead of and as a substitute for every firstborn, that is, the first that opens the womb among the Israelites. So the Levites shall be Mine, for all the firstborn are Mine. On the day that I killed all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, I consecrated for Myself all the firstborn in Israel, both man and animal. They shall be mine; I am the Lord.”

Numbers 3:11‭-‬13 AMP

https://bible.com/bible/1588/num.3.11-13.AMP


For I am the Lord who brought you up from the land of Egypt to be your God; therefore you shall be holy, for I am holy.’ ”

Leviticus 11:45 AMP

https://bible.com/bible/1588/lev.11.45.AMP


But now, this is what the Lord, your Creator says, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you [from captivity]; I have called you by name; you are Mine!

Isaiah 43:1 AMP

https://bible.com/bible/1588/isa.43.1.AMP


God provides a way out from the curse of the angel of death in that first Passover. It was Pharaoh's own words that were the deciding factor in God sending the angel of death to smite the firstborn of all Egypt. God, reveals himself as Redeemer and Deliverer. And to the Israelites, it was to be the link between the seen and temporal to the unseen and spiritual. 

As soon as the people are taken out and delivered from the oppression of the pharaoh, his very first act is to sanctify to himself every firstborn both human and animal. Not only did God deliver the Israelites from oppression and tyranny. But He delivered them into his all-surpassing holiness. You shall be holy for I am holy was his declaration. 

There can be no holiness without redemption (Isaiah 43:1). First, God redeems then sanctifies and makes holy. Every true Israelite ( and now gentile as we have been grafted in ) has been redeemed and made holy (set apart for his purposes).  


I am the Lord Almighty. 

My dear children, have you heard my voice. I speak to you softly and gently and say to you 'You are mine to use for my purposes'. 

Listen for my voice calling you to holiness. 

I created you. You are mine 

I redeemed you. You are mine 

I sanctified you and made you holy. You are mine.

Learn to live every day under the power of Jesus' precious blood. 

Let it cover your sin and shame. 

Learn to see yourself through God's eyes. As pure and holy.

Let Him who redeemed and sanctified you possess you completely. You are not your own. You belong to Him, to use as He sees fit, for his most holy purpose.

Be amazed at what I will do when you seek me with all your heart.

Come to me and let not your heart be dismayed for I have purchased you at my own cost. 

You are mine.

Surely, I will give you back every stolen blessing and provision. 

The doors to abundance have been opened. 

I will grant you favor from on high.

See, I have sent angels to both protect and minister.

Do you not see them? Or sense their presence?

Ask me and I shall open your eyes to perceive that which is unseen.

You are at His disposal, to do with, as He pleases.

Remember you are His child and He so much desires to share his plans with you. 

You are complete. There is nothing missing. In Him, you live and have your being.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment